Love, Learn, Aspire
"Let all that you do be done in love." 1 Corinthians 16:14
We follow the EYFS Statutory Framework 2022 (Reception) and National Curriculum: Design and Technology programme of study (Years 1 - 6). We teach the curriculum through the Chris Quigley's Essentials Curriculum to ensure our pupils develop the skills needed. Children are taught the essential characteristics in order to help them learn. Our curriculum shows a progression in skills, ensuring pupils can meet the milestones for each key stage before moving on to the next step in their learning. Threshold Concepts for Design and Technology underpin the skills taught to ensure children can develop a thorough knowledge of DT.
• Significant levels of originality and the willingness to take creative risks to produce innovative ideas and prototypes.
• An excellent attitude to learning and independent working.
• The ability to use time efficiently and work constructively and productively with others.
• The ability to carry out thorough research, show initiative and ask questions to develop an exceptionally detailed knowledge of users’ needs.
• The ability to act as responsible designers and makers, working ethically, using finite materials carefully and working safely.
• A thorough knowledge of which tools, equipment and materials to use to make their products.
• The ability to apply mathematical knowledge.
• The ability to manage risks exceptionally well to manufacture products safely and hygienically.
• A passion for the subject and knowledge of, up-to-date technological innovations in materials, products and systems.
This concept involves developing the skills needed to make high quality products (we have highlighted a range of skills but they may be added to or changed as appropriate for your school).
This concept involves developing the process of design thinking and seeing design as a process.
This concept involves appreciating the design process that has influenced the products we use in everyday life