Children should not be sent into school if unwell for both Covid-19 and any other illnesses/symptoms. Please contact the school office for more information.
Check if you or your child has coronavirus symptoms
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.
If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus:
Anyone you live with, and anyone in your support bubble, must also stay at home until you get your result.
Call 111 if you cannot get help online. Do not go to places like a GP surgery, hospital or pharmacy.
Call 111 if you're worried about a baby or child under 5.
If your child seems very unwell, is getting worse or you think there's something seriously wrong, call 999.
Do not delay getting help if you're worried. Trust your instincts.
Coronavirus Guidance for schools
(As set out in the DFE guidance - please use the link above to access the guidance.)
System of controls
This is the set of actions schools must take. They are grouped into ‘prevention’ and ‘response to any infection’ and are outlined in more detail in the following sections.
1) Minimise contact with individuals who are unwell by ensuring that those who have coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms, or who have someone in their household who does, do not attend school.
2) Where recommended, use of face coverings in schools.
The same exemptions will apply in education settings, and we would expect teachers and other staff to be sensitive to those needs.
3) Clean hands thoroughly more often than usual.
4) Ensure good respiratory hygiene by promoting the ‘catch it, bin it, kill it’ approach.
5) Introduce enhanced cleaning, including cleaning frequently touched surfaces often, using standard products such as detergents and bleach.
6) Minimise contact between individuals and maintain social distancing wherever possible.
7) Where necessary, wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
Numbers 1 to 5 must be in place in all schools, all the time.
Number 6 must be properly considered and schools must put in place measures that suit their particular circumstances.
Number 7 applies in specific circumstances.
Response to any infection
8) Engage with the NHS Test and Trace process.
9) Manage confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) amongst the school community.
10) Contain any outbreak by following local health protection team advice.
Numbers 8 to 10 must be followed in every case where they are relevant.
You can help to slow the spread of Coronavirus!
Department for Education Coronavirus helpline - this helpline has been set up to answer questions about the virus related to education. Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline.